Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday in the partly sunny state.

Wednesday morning we woke up. I took some pictures (this is were I stayed)
It got down to like 20 degrees! yay for frost!
The house.
The truck
Around the town were we ate breakfast.
Breakfast is served. This is kind of the hub bub of life in the town. Everyone knew each other! It was the town gossip place, like something out of a movie. it was awesome.
Heading another 6 hours back to Aunt Fran and Uncle Wayne's house - Filling up with gas....we did this frequently.
We had to stop and wait for the train.

Charlie kept telling me to take a picture of the very long watering thingy
These things blow up - Charlie said that every time we passed something like this.
I really felt like I was back in California, Washington also gets some bad fires, for miles and miles it was just burnt...It really brought me back to my trip with the Billy Gram Rapid Response Team.
Speaking of fire on the way to Aunt Clinettas on Tuesday (while in the desert) we saw a lot of smoke and fire. We passed several fire trucks headed to it. The fire department is pretty incredible around here.
Another random thing, Aunt Clinetta has a scanner, i got to listen to it for a few hours, got my EMS fix, the fire, police and EMS were very busy!

THE GRAND COULEE DAM!
Coke truck =)
Grand Coulee Dam






Biggest Dam.
During our entire trip, while traveling in the car (which is a multitude of hours) I would be trying to be very quiet and read my book. Charlie pointed out EVERY rock, all I heard was "Blondie look! rocks! quick take a picture!" he also did it with Trees and Cows.


Me at the Grand Coulee Dam =)
Random spot that looked nice.



More rocks.
Charlie got excited and needed a picture of the plant...


more rocks.


...
ROCKS!



Back into the mountains! whoohoo!




Back to grandmoms for some lunch/dinner. check out the stove! it pulls out!
I drank more soda (or pop as charlie has taken to calling it) on this trip then ever in my life.
Right before lunch.

After lunch we headed back to Uncle Wayne and Aunt Fran's. I chatted with Uncle Wayne as he got our fishing stuff ready. I really love these people. They are SO nice and hospitable, really feel like family around here.
We then all gathered around the TV ( me catching up on my blogging) and watched a movie while eating smoked salmon and eating ice - cream and drinking hot chocolate ah so much fun.

Now that my blogging is up to date i am going to sign off. Will have more for you tomorrow, till then - Be Safe

1 comment:

Country at Heart said...

So glad you guys are having fun. Not to keen on all that fish eating though --- ick.